Sunday, January 24, 2016

Slow Cooker Beef Brisket

If my wallet, and waist, could afford it; I would eat this brisket every single day for the rest of my life. It's THAT good. It takes a lot of time and prep to make it, but trust me, it's totally worth it.
  • 2 cans beef consomme
  • 1/2 cup lemon juice
  • 1 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
  • 2 Tablespoons liquid smoke
  • 10 lbs beef brisket
Combine everything but the beef in a very large roasting pan (I try to buy disposable for easier clean up). Put the brisket in the marinade, fat side up. Cover tightly with foil and marinate in fridge for 24-48 hours. When ready to cook, place covered pan in preheated 300 degree oven for 40 minutes per pound.
I've also cut the brisket in half, after marinading, placed half with some of the marinade in a freezer bag and frozen it for later. Then put the other half in my slow cooker and cooked for 10-12 hours on low, or even over night. 
Then just shred it and serve it on a tortilla, on a bun or just how it is.
SO GOOD!
Thank you Pioneer Woman for this amazing recipe:

No comments:

Post a Comment